Friday, August 30, 2013

Summer Smashing

Hey everybody. It's been a long time since I posted any new Smashbook pages, but I am going to remedy that today! Here are some pages from this summer.


This particular Smashbook is all school related imagery, which is kinda my thing, so I pretty much love it intensely. However, not every school-y page fits with what I've got going on, so they are getting covered up an awful lot. Sad face. Thankfully a lot of them are notebook paper, which is what I like best.


This particular page is very different for me- there isn't a single picture! I really like how this one turned out, though. It's feminine and pretty and a bit romantic- those big rose stickers go a long way towards creating a feeling. I guess I've been feeling a bit artsy lately; lots of these pages have little drawings and doodles.


Library cards and paint chips. My favorite things!


My mom recently bought me a vintage label maker that has a cursive-y font. I LURVE IT SO SO MUCH! Watch for it creeping up a lot in my pages from here on out.


This is one of my favorite pages from the last couple of months. I love the collection of pretty little things all bunched together. Joann started carrying Basic Grey's line of stickers and die cuts and little doo-dads, and I cant get enough of them. I think I've bought about half the display at this point. It would have been the whole display, but the hubby was with me.


I like this page a lot too. I had cut the wood grain arrow for something else, but it fit in pretty well here. Plus, a little bit of glitter just makes a page that much better.


I've been trying to experiment a little bit more with white space and texture. It's hard for me not to fill up every inch; in fact, my earliest Smashbook pages are completely full. I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture, but I punched the same white paper with several different punches and layered them at the to of the page. It adds just a little bit of extra oomph.



I love paper piecing. I've always liked layering different patterned paper and creating little vignettes. I don't do it as much now that I have a Cricut, but every once in a while it makes an appearance, like with this little house. It's such a great way to use up scraps. I really like this page because I think it's so important to focus on being as incredibly blessed as I am, and how everything I have is due entirely to God's extraordinary love. It's good to express that creatively, and often.


I loved the artwork in the Smashbook here, I couldn't bear to cover it up. The last time I went to the book fair, I bought an old science book just because it had pictures like this one in it! So it stayed, and I tried to use similar colors on the page following. I just bought some new watercolor washi tape, and it has been making a lot of appearances in my Smashbook, along with the woodgrain tape. I'm using a bunch of old rolodex cards recently as well. I love the vintage office feel these pages are ending up with. Happy happy happy.

That's it for today, since that's all the pages I've made recently that are fit for sharing. I hope you enjoyed taking a look, and I hope even more that you'll leave me a comment encouraging me to make more. I've had a bad bit of Smashbook block lately, and I could definitely use some support to get me through this uncreative roadblock. If you like my stuff, please let me know! We all know how a few kind words can work wonders. Thanks friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment