Monday, March 18, 2013

Yep. It Happened.

Momma's got a brand new blog.


Hello there friend. My name is Erin and this is my first ever blog. Which basically means that I have no idea what I'm doing or exactly what to say, but that is okay, since this is mostly an exercise in getting back into the habit of writing. And since probably no one will read this.

Me: Molly's Momma, Tickler Extraordinare, Wearer of Weird Homemade Jewelry
Okay, so a little about me. I am a 28 year old stay-at-home Mom with two gorgeous children who drive me absolutely crazy. I have a completely useless degree in English literature, so I have a lot of nerdy tendencies, and a spectacular proclivity to get something stuck in my head and obsess over it for ages. I love books of all varieties and would rather spend my time at Pemberley or Hogwarts or Bon Temps than in my house. I like sparkly indie rock and will unabashedly play a single (usually sappy) song on repeat forty times until I can unravel the feelings or story that it inspires. I'm essentially a family oriented person, and I spend a lot of my time just hanging out with my parents and sisters. I like to take lots of pictures of my kids (surprise surprise, right?), and look at my kids, and brag about my kids, and read books to my kids, and tell funny stories about my kids, and complain about my kids. 


It gets bigger and bigger. Kind of like my butt.
I'm an avid and enthusiastic *Smashbook-er. My main reason for creating a blog is to share my Smashbook pages, and for my pinterest pins to link to something. I am a huge advocate of Smashbooking, and I have tried to force mostly everyone I know to Smash too. I have kind of a terrible memory, and I mostly blame that on Mom brain, but because of my inability to retain information for more than 48 hours at a time, keeping a record of what goes on in my life and the lives of my family is something I take very seriously. I'm a little tempted to insert some cheesy cliche here about how life is lived in the mundane details, but I'll refrain. Suffice it to say, I really love the low-key, no pressure, messy recording of mundanity that is my Smashbook. If you aren't Smashing, you should be. Because it is awesome.


Currently, my obsessions are Lizzie Bennet Diaries, Lizzie Bennet Diaries and oh yeah, Lizzie Bennet Diaries. I cannot get enough. Can. Not. As a general life rule, I try to avoid fanfiction. Not because I dislike it, but because I love it so so much. Fanfiction is the literature equivalent of Thin Mints. It's rather unhealthy for you, you're not going to stop until you've consumed waaaay more than you should, and it is just sooooo satisfying. So, just in case you aren't clued in yet, let me make it clear: I have read nearly every Lizzie Bennet Diaries fanfiction anyone has ever written. And that is a lot. Could I have found a better use of my time? Certainly. Could I have found one more emotionally satisfying than reading all the fanfiction? Eh. Debatable. It is awfully nice to live in Pride and Prejudice land as much as possible.

Lizzie Bennet Diaries

So, for now that is probubaly what this blog will be about. Smashbook, my kids, and Lizzie Bennet Diaries. At least until that is over at the end of the month and I have to find something new to nerd out about. Like Beauty and the Beast? Squaresville? We'll see. 

Thanks for reading imaginary internet person!

No comments:

Post a Comment